Have you ever done something you shouldn’t have done? Or maybe… something happened beyond your control and it resulted in hurt and pain? If you’re like many… you end up beating yourself up. I know… I have been there too.
We can be so judgmental of ourselves… not to mention, judgmental of others as well. This is something that will not get us anywhere and there is no victory in that place of living. We need to see ourselves the way God sees us! Let’s consider some ideas we can do to love ourselves God’s way!
25 Ways to Love Yourself God’s Way
- Remember you are valued and precious to God.
- Know, accept, and be yourself.
- Forgive yourself like God forgives you.
- Treat yourself with care and compassion.
- Care for your physical needs . . . diet, move and rest.
- Refuse to waste time on stinkin’ thinkin’.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Sing, dance, and laugh more.
- Refuse to speak unkind words to yourself.
- Say ‘no’ when you need to.
- Do something you were created to do every day.
- Pursue your hopes and dreams.
- Be honest with yourself and others.
- Pray – ask God to help you know your strengths.
- Pray – ask God to show you your weaknesses.
- Pray – ask God for His guidance and help.
- Stop and give thanks for your life every day.
- Spend time with those you love.
- Accept what you can’t change.
- Forgive others.
- Be bold and try something new.
- Believe God has a plan and purpose for you.
- Live engaged in every moment.
- Be patient with yourself.
- Be still – know and love God.
We’re works in progress… imperfect… but perfect through the amazing, beautiful work of the cross… where Jesus offered Himself up for us… what a precious work that is utterly, completely finished! It’s from this place we can learn to love ourselves… and then love others as well!
Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8